zondag 20 december 2015

What is consciousness?

What is consciousness?
What the hell is consciousness?

Let me start with this: the term consciousness is a name for a concept which we imagine. Especially the idea that you are there, or: "I am aware of myself." (I am)

But of what are you aware? What is this 'me' or ‘my awareness’?
Probably you now come up with a list such as: my body, my thoughts, my feelings, my emotions, my thoughts, my this and my that .... - my identity ....
Your identity invents yourself. You are making up your identity. This is just happening and doesn’t need to be a problem at all.  It is nice to 'have' an anchor. Something you can always fall back on if you feel lost.

It's okay if you believe in your identity when you feel comfortable with it, if you lead a pretty nice life, or you feel yourself comfortable with your identity.
But it's less nice when you are full of negative thoughts about yourself, your past, your family, your environment. Or if you are hurt or hurting other people.  Then you feel unhappy and you go fighting.
To what you fight against? By none other than to yourself and your contrived identity! Is good, no problem. Right?
Do you notice that I make a divorce between YOU and your identity?  This is possible once you become aware of the fact that you're able to LOOK at your identity from a distance. You can  take an imaginary distance from your identity which includes your feelings, emotions, thoughts.  
There is nothing you can do but being  aware of what you accept as your identity.

Consciousness/ awareness is NOT the same  as  judging or condemning  yourself! Being aware means that you look at yourself from an illusionary distance.
And THAT what is watching, is  essentially unmentionable. Ineffable and invisible.

There we fabricated the word 'consciousness' . And then we made a concept again.

That is the circle. The dog that runs after his tail. And then there are all kinds of so-called gurus or teachers who claim that you are "consciousness. But you have no idea! You think that you HAVE consciousness, but the thing is: you ARE.  Me, I,  myself does not exist. Simply does not exist. There is no 'me'. You are dreaming a ‘me’.

That illusionary position what seems to watch as the witness  is really illusory. The consciousness that you try imagine does not exist. Consciousness is no possession and has no owner.  It does not enjoy, it is not evil, it has no color, it is not an ‘it’.
YOU can look at yourself, you look at how you think you are awareness, you can look at your world, but YOU - THAT what is watching … - can not see itself! YOU are made visible by a mirror, a dream, a reflection. And you who are made visible is an illusion. It’s  a wonderful dream!  If you see that your identity is a dream – actually, your whole life and death is a dream - then it  is possible to experience total freedom.

The thing is… you already know this J))

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten